What to do in Bordeaux ?
Discover the best things to do in the city of Bordeaux
Bordeaux is a beautiful city, an attractive place to live.
The mayor of Bordeaux, Alain Juppé who undertook extensive projects during the 1990’s so as to return Bordeaux to its former glory: the quays were entirely restructured, the town center was pedestrianized and the facades of buildings were cleaned thus giving them a second life… In 2007, these efforts were rewarded by Bordeaux’s classification on the UNESCO World Heritage List, thus ensuring the protection of its patrimony.
Bordeaux holds a significant place in French living: it was voted as one of the top three towns in which one lives well.
If you come to Bordeaux city, you must explore the streets, alleyways and squares of this magnificent wine capital, classified on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Learn about its architecture, its history dating from the 18th century.and its relaxed way of life!
If you stay in Bordeaux for the week end or a short stay in Bordeaux, explore the best things to do:
- the modern cultural centre, the Cité du Vin launched in 2016 and Bassin à Flots
- quartier Saint-Pierre with place du Parlement, place du palais, the magnificient Porte Cailhau, la Grosse Cloche built in the 15th century
- the city hall, Bordeaux' Cathedral Saint André, place de la Bourse, the famous Water Mirror created by Michel Corajoud
- the big square place des Quinconces and its wonderful and much photographed monument aux Girondins
- the golden triangle with place Tourny, the Grand Theatre build by the famous architect Victor Louis in the 18th century, the very charming Jardin Public of Bordeaux
- quartier des Chartrons, la place du marché des Chartrons, rue notre dame and its famous antics, le market located on the quais on sundays
- Saint Michel, et its wonderful church , Capucins' market on sundays
- rent a bike and cross the 2 bridges
Have a nice stay or week end in Bordeaux!
What to do in Bordeaux? let yourself be inspired with our different Tours in Bordeaux.
To book a small group tour Gourmet city tour or Wine Tasting Class, contact-us bordovino.com/contact-us